Monday, March 5, 2012

Gunslingers Regret


Imagine a boy whose father dies trying to protect his own son. In this story of “The Dark Tower” by Stephen King, a man named Roland Deschain is following in his father’s footsteps by becoming a gunslinger. As he leaves his camp where he is being trained to become a warrior with his hawk, he knows that he needs to leave and find out what happened to his father. In this story the reader will learn about how sometimes things will happen for a reason.

In the town that Roland lives in it is a bad thing to become a gunslinger. He knows that he doesn’t want to become a gunslinger but he wants to get revenge on the man who killed his father. As he is trying to make his decision the man who is keeping watch over him is trying to kill him. That is when he makes his decision to become a gunslinger. This reminds me of when I was little my friend broke my favorite toy and so I was going to get revenge and break his toys.

His mother was never there when he was growing up so when he was growing up all he had was himself.  His childhood was hard because nobody could help if he was behind in school. As he went on through the years he struggled more and got better in school.
I can relate to this because I am having a hard time with school but I am trying my hardest to stay on topic.

In the end I believe that some certain things in life will happen for a reason good or bad. Even though his father died he still was fine.    

1 comment:

  1. i THINK ITS A GOOD ESSAY BUT YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR CONCLUSION MORE EXCITING AND BETTER... OTHERWISE GOOOOOOODDD JOBB

    ReplyDelete